Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stooping Very Low

We have had a jar in our office for the last year or so to collect for Ukraine Orphans.
We empty it now and then. It is a visible jar with a picture of the Orpans from Erika and Sarah's orphanage on the front. Sometimes our customers deposit coins in there, sometimes checks, sometimes cash. We were able to give a little over a hundred dollars once.

Well, a few weeks ago, I noticed about 35 to 40 dollars in there. I went to get it out today to get ready for our trip, and lo and behold the jar was empty! Everything but 15 cents! Even the pennies Anna had put in there were gone.

I asked Mike and he said, I figured you already took it out. I asked our worker and he said he found the jar under a chair and the lid in the middle of the floor. ???? And he didn't say anything about it???? I would have found that RATHER ODD. But he didn't.

So, somebody, STOLE money from those who have NOTHING. Isn't that the SADDEST thing?
It is obvious what that money goes for, and they STOLE IT! I can't believe it!

That kind of thing just doesn't happen around here, but I guess it does now.

How very sad.

I left a note on the jar that said, "To Whoever Stole The Orphans Money, God Knows Who You Are."

I'm sounding a little miffed, and I really need to pray about my heart towards whoever it is. I hope they come forward and bring it back.

I'm so sad. It wasn't a huge amount of money, but it wasn't theirs to take.:(

No comments:

When Love Takes You In by Steven Curtis Chapman